ISCC participates in interfaith and community services on a regular basis to promote peace and understanding of Islam and Muslim community of greater West Chester area. Our goal is to build a strong relationship by increasing our understanding of other religions and sensitivities on different issues. To achieve this objective, ISCC participates in the following activities:
- Religious Council of West Chester: We meet monthly at different faith institutions in the area.
- Religious Council: We meet at the Church of the Loving Shepherd every month.
- Walking the Walk: This is an initiative of the Interfaith Center of Philadelphia, for developing understanding among youth in the community. The group meets monthly at a different places of worship.
- Meals on Wheels: ISCC delivers meals to the elderly and sick in Downingtown area.
- Food and supplies We collect non-perishable food items for different groups such as the Lord’s Pantry in Downingtown, the West Chester Food Cupboard and other deserving groups on regular basis.
ISCC also arranges presentations on Islam and other related subjects on request. It also participates in panel discussions to promote understanding in the community. Please send an email to our outreach chairperson, Bushra Qureshi, at email@example.com to schedule an event