ISCC Sunday School
1001 Pottstown Pike
West Chester, PA 19382
Hours: 10:00 AM to 1:15 PM
School Timing, Student Drop-off and Pick-up
- Parents should drop their kids off at 10:00 AM. The assembly will begin at 10:10 AM.
- All parents are required to sign-in and sign-out the students, irrespective of their age. There will be a sign-in/sign-out table at the entrance.
- Parent should assume responsibility of their children at 1:15PM. Parents are highly encouraged to stay with the children in the mosque for Dhuhr Salat. SUNDAY SCHOOL ASSUMES NO RESPOSIBILITY FOR SUPERVISING CHILDREN AFTER 1:15PM.
- Parents should contact the Principal or Sunday school management for any issue, early dismissals or late pickups. This exception is for EMERGENCIES only.
- If parents frequently pick their student late, a parent meeting will be scheduled with the principal to discuss the consequences.
Expectation from Parents/Guardians
- School is not responsible for babysitting pre or post Sunday school time
- Parents/Guardians are not allowed to sit with their kids in the class
- Do not pick up your child without informing teacher/Principal
- For safety, all children should be brought inside the building by the parents/Guardians
- Parents/Guardians are requested to be especially careful while driving near the school premises
Code of Conduct
Students are expected to follow the instructions of a teacher or management. Disruptive and uncooperative behavior will not be tolerated, such as:
- Threatening, abusive language and /or engaging in any act of violence, assault, harassment, including inappropriate language against a person at ISCC Sunday school.
- Theft or dishonesty
- Degrading, rude, offensive language or demeaning comments towards anyone at school.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Serious violations of the ISCC mission such as behavior that is out of character with faith based values while on School premises.
- Intentionally destroying, damaging or defacing property while at Sunday school.
- Viewing or distributing inappropriate communication.
- Taping any conversation, class or other activity at Sunday school.
If a student is found guilty of any such behavior, following actions may be taken:
- Student is placed on probation after discussion with parent.
- Parent needs to be at school for part or entirety of Sunday school duration.
- Suspension of the student.
- Termination of enrollment.
Electronic Devices / Toys
Students are not allowed to use electronic devices, i.e., cell phones, Tablets, iPods, handheld games, etc., in the classroom. If a student found in violation of this policy, the device will be confiscated, there may be a $15 penalty to get the toy/gadget back. Repeated failure to follow rules may result in suspension from the school.
- The dress code follows the Islamic guidelines.
- Girls in 2nd grade and above should wear scarf/ hijab. This should wear either long sleeve top with a long skirt or loose pants or Abaya.
- Tight jeans with short tops are discouraged in school.
- Any traditional clothing must follow similar guidelines.
- Boys should not wear sleeveless shirts.
- No clothing should have inappropriate writing.
- Failure to observe the dress code will result in the children being sent back home.
- Student attendance and tardiness will be tracked and will count towards final grades and any extra points
- Absence without notice for four class days may lead in termination from the school. However, re-registration may be considered if a proper reason is given. There will be a $25 fee for re-registration.
- All students are required to maintain punctuality and timeliness.
In case of emergency, parents/guardians will be contacted in the order listed on the registration form. Parents must provide a few contact numbers and ensure someone can be reached by phone during school hours.
Mode of Communication
The primary mode of communication, except for emergencies, is via email or text message. Please be certain that your email address (and cell phone number) is correct. It is your responsibility to read your email regularly to get the latest information. Parents can discuss all matters with Principal and/or Sunday school management team. A meeting can be arranged with the teachers if needed.
Each student is provided with a number of textbooks for use in the classroom for the current year. Textbooks are expensive and limited; parents must ensure that their child brings the books to the class each Sunday. If books are lost, the student will be charged a fee for replacement books.